small space style

Hello! Just stopping in to share that our house is featured in the new Sunset Small Space Style magazine! (This is different from the article that was in the August issue.)

IMG_3769

The magazine profiles ten small spaces, the first of which is an 8-page spread of our home! (The photos were taken last May, when I was about 5 months pregnant with Lillian!)

IMG_3771

This special issue in on newsstands until mid-May and although Sunset’s focus in on the west, it is available nationwide. (Our family in Oklahoma found it without too much hunting.)

IMG_3773

So go! Check it out! (And while you’re at it, fan all the copies out in front of other magazines! Kidding! Sort of.)

IMG_3776

A big thanks to the Sunset team for featuring our house and family again (and for giving my mom bragging rights at her book club).

Also, even though we’ve had a mild winter (sorry, east coast) this image has me daydreaming of late summer evenings and cold beverages. Cheers to that!

Comments

11 Responses to “small space style”

1. Ron says:

Congrats! Way cool.

2. Anna says:

Congratulations! It looks amazing. I’ll see if I can find it in Ohio.

3. Virleen says:

I will look for it in Kansas. Congratulations.

4. Lisa says:

As a life long Ballard resident I love seeing your house being used, updated and modified for your growing family. As we are building our own cabin, we’ve used your ‘resource’ list many times. You’ve made us not afraid to use Ikea products! Thanks!
    (The cover shot is also from a Seattle design team, JAS Design build.)

Thanks Lisa! Sounds like a fun project, we definitely have a cabin on our “someday” list. 🙂 (Thanks for the tip on JAS too, I did notice that when reading through the issue. Seattle represent!)

5. I love your whole home but your backyard/patio area makes me swoon.

6. BUILD says:

Well done, you two! Looking forward to getting a copy in our hands.

• Kyle Zerbey says:

Thanks Andrew and Kevin. Just today got 2 pages in Dwell Magazine special issue called “Rooms we love” page 62:) Have been sending your blog to architecture students…

7. Micheal says:

Hi, your home is beautiful! I just discovered it in the Sunset issue. We are building a small house of our own and in need of a ladder such as yours. Could you tell me where you found it, or is it custom made?