family photos

We’re crunching on a deadline here at Studio Zerbey, but I wanted to drop by to share some family photos that we had taken recently. Now, we have no shortage of photos of Avery (and Bailey, for that matter), but very few of us as a family. I wanted something more than the outstretched-arm iPhone photos, but different from a traditional portrait setting. We worked with Seattle photographer Dorothy Huynh and she was great! (We also took the opportunity to snap a few headshots to use for our Studio Zerbey website and various other things.)

Zerbey_Family-015

For our outfits, I didn’t want to be all matchy-matchy but there needed to be some cohesiveness. I actually picked out Avery’s shirt first and then Kyle and I chose things that would compliment it.

Zerbey_Family-009

Zerbey_Family-019

Classic Bailey. This is what he does when he meets a new person.

Zerbey_Family-021

Zerbey_Family-032

Zerbey_Family-028

We went through a lot of O’s trying to placate a wiggly little girl who was ready for a nap by the end of the session.

Zerbey_Family-039

Zerbey_Family-023

Zerbey_Family-043

Zerbey_Family-029

L&K-website

Kyle just started wearing glasses and I love them. (Back off ladies…)

Zerbey_Family-084

In addition to our home, I also wanted an outdoor setting. These were taken at Discovery Park in Seattle. (We took a couple with Bailey, but could only coordinate a dog and baby for so long. No offense, Bails.)

Zerbey_Family-063

Zerbey_Family-082

Zerbey_Family-068

Zerbey_Family-077

Zerbey_Family-095

Zerbey_Family-087

Zerbey_Family-091

Zerbey_Family-123

Zerbey_Family-097

Zerbey_Family-122

Zerbey_Family-125

Thank you Dorothy for taking these photos of our family. Now, time to actually print a few to hang in the house! Y’know, eventually.

Comments

18 Responses to “family photos”

1. Jodie says:

Absolutely beautiful photos. A very gorgeous family. x

2. hjc says:

Love them – especially the one of you walking down the path with Avery looking over your shoulder. Too cute! We have had the privilege of visiting Discovery Park – what an awsome place.

Thanks! I don’t know why but I tend to forget Discovery Park is there and then when I go I’m totally blown away by how beautiful and tucked away it feels for an urban park.

3. Heather says:

Oh, that smile! You have such a beautiful family.

4. dorothy says:

loved meeting the three of you and of course, bailey! 🙂

5. Kristin says:

Simply wonderful.

6. Oh, the photos are wonderful!
    You’re a good looking family, Bailey included!!

Love from Portugal!

7. These are just lovely! You are looking fabulous mama.

8. Amber says:

These made me smile. Thanks for sharing your slice of sunshine.

9. maja says:

These are so lovely! So great that you took the time to get them done. I know it’s a cliché, but the time does go by so fast. One thing that we are starting to do, are just simple home movies on our cameras of day-to-day things like Sunday breakfasts. It seems sort of old-fashioned but it’s really a great way of capturing little moments.

I’m starting to take more videos too (easier than photographs now that she’s more mobile!). I also like to do short videos (from my phone) and think they’ll be great keepsakes. Seems like the videos from my childhood were all really loooong and therefore didn’t get watched as often.

10. kim says:

I adore these pics! The outdoor ones are especially stunning with the light. Love!

11. Sharmila says:

Ok avery is just too cute. That smile, that gorgeous, please kiss/cuddle me smile. She is very photogenic.

12. Ali says:

Really lovely photos. Great work.