Small Cool: VOTE NOW!

…as in, RIGHT NOW!

We were thrilled to learn this morning that we won in the “small” category! Voting for the finals was supposed to open at midnight and last through Wednesday afternoon, but it seems like they’ve changed things up a bit and polls are officially open for a single-day vote only! (Revision: looks like they changed it back so the contest closes as originally posted on May 2nd (3:00 EST).) Besides the pure glory of victory and Bailey’s happiness, there are a lot of reasons why winning this contest money would be a huge deal for us right now and so we’d really appreciate your vote this one last time (note: even if you voted in the prelims, you can now vote again in the finals!).

Thanks guys, fingers crossed.

Comments

14 Responses to “Small Cool: VOTE NOW!”

1. Nat says:

haha, just voted. Hope you win!

2. thea says:

I voted earlier. Good luck, I really hope you guys win.

3. jessica says:

Good luck! You guys deserve it!

4. hennymats says:

voted. Good luck, congrats to Bailey (if you guys win, do we see more guest posts of that great duo?) and keeping my fingers crossed!

5. Ron says:

I voted earlier for you guys. Hope you win and good luck.

Thanks Ron! If you voted before about 9:00 this morning then that was for the prelims and you can now vote again for the finals!

6. Jacqui Bennetts says:

I really do hope you win this. I have recently just gone back and read through the whole blog from the start ( had an assignment I was avoiding) and I think you two have done an amazing job with your fixer upper. You have bought it forward to the present day and made such good use of every inch. On a personal note we live in Christchurch New Zealand and you may know we have had nasty couple of years of bad earthquakes (over 8000 by now) the first and largest one (7.2) broke our 1929 vaguely craftsman bungalow’s foundation. Sean and I had just worked out how we were going to start renovating and bam! We are very lucky as we didn’t lose anyone and our house is liveable, bit cold as the chimneys had to come down but we have electric heaters. So now we wait to get demolished and rebuilt. Reading your blog has cheered me up and made me happy when I’ve been feeling blue. Thanks so much for sharing cos this waiting for the Govt and insurers to sort things out is so tedious and frustrating. I get to see something grow and I’ve been taking vicarious pleasure in all your successes. Thanks again and good luck. All the best with the baby.

Wow, thank you so much for that comment Jacqui. It really does mean a lot.

That’s terrible about your home and I hope everything comes together quickly for you.

7. ej718 says:

I wanted to vote for both you and Daniel (oh, why can’t you be in different categories?), but in the end I voted for you. What you’ve done with your house, and the meticulous way you’ve done it, is just awe-inspiring. And with your baby coming soon, your house is in for more changes than just outfitting a nursery. Have a blast with it! I’m looking forward to following along.

8. bufordblue says:

I’ve never posted before but I wanted to say how much I love you style and I’m really sorry you didn’t win the Small Cool contest. I voted for you in both rounds. Your nursery is going to be beautiful and thanks for all the inspiration you provide!

PS. Thanks for your posts about Eastern Washington. We don’t get a lot of love so it made my day to see your posts a while back!

Aww, thanks! Eastern WA is beautiful, we really like going over there (especially when the weather is nice!). Kyle and I both do a lot of work in the Methow Valley and lately I’ve been doing several projects in the Roslyn/Cle Elum area.